Support, knowledge and advice to the social care sector in Essex, Southend & Thurrock...
Essex Independent Care Association (EICA) is an independent voluntary ‘not for profit’ organisation with the following aims and objectives:
- To represent the interests of social care providers from Essex, Southend and Thurrock locally, regionally and where possible, nationally
- To alert members to issues which affect social care organisation relating to legislation regulation and development of best practice
- To offer members a range of services to meet their needs and a mutual support network
- To keep members abreast of new developments within the sector, whilst signposting them to sources of information which may be helpful to them
- To provide funding information, advice and guidance on training and development
What does EICA do?
- The Association is run by a small management committee, all of whom are owners, managers, or trustees of a care organisation in Essex, Southend or Thurrock. The management committee meets on a quarterly basis to review and plan activities to benefit members.
Essex Independent Care Association
251-255 Church Road
Essex SS7 4QP
Tel: 01268 565551
Office Opening Hours:
Monday to Friday 9.30am to 2.30pm (excluding Bank Holidays).
EICA supports My Home Life Essex for celebrating good quality of care for older residents in Essex care homes.
27 May 2016
Following re-inspection, nearly three quarters of care homes that the CQC originally rated Inadequate have improved their ratings. This means over 12,000 people across England are experiencing better and safer care from these services
27 May 2016
You are invited to attend the EICA Annual Conference on 15th June at the Weston Homes Community Stadium in Colchester.
Come along and hear presentations from:
James Bullion ECC Director of Adult Operations - The Future of Social Care in Essex
Dr Tom Nutt, Essex Healthwatch - Explaining the proposed new 'Trip Advisor' scheme for residential care homes in Essex
Lo-Anne Lewis CQC Inspection Manager - The new CQC ratings process
Dave Perry Essex Fire & Rescue - Managing Fire Safety in Social Care settings
Book your place now by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your EICA membership number
Places are free for EICA members and a charge of £50pp for non members
23 May 2016
The CQC have published a new report, ‘Better Care In My Hands’, which looks at how people are being involved in their own care.