Support, knowledge and advice to the social care sector in Essex, Southend & Thurrock...
Essex Independent Care Association (EICA) is an independent voluntary ‘not for profit’ organisation with the following aims and objectives:
- To represent the interests of social care providers from Essex, Southend and Thurrock locally, regionally and where possible, nationally
- To alert members to issues which affect social care organisation relating to legislation regulation and development of best practice
- To offer members a range of services to meet their needs and a mutual support network
- To keep members abreast of new developments within the sector, whilst signposting them to sources of information which may be helpful to them
- To provide funding information, advice and guidance on training and development
What does EICA do?
- The Association is run by a small management committee, all of whom are owners, managers, or trustees of a care organisation in Essex, Southend or Thurrock. The management committee meets on a quarterly basis to review and plan activities to benefit members.
Essex Independent Care Association
251-255 Church Road
Essex SS7 4QP
Tel: 01268 565551
Office Opening Hours:
Monday to Friday 9.30am to 2.30pm (excluding Bank Holidays).
EICA supports My Home Life Essex for celebrating good quality of care for older residents in Essex care homes.
20 June 2016
You may be aware that a safeguarding repository tool providing an overview of necessary legislation and guidance covering both adult and children’s safeguarding is now available for free on the Apple app store and Android Play stores
10 June 2016
You are invited to attend the EICA Annual Conference on 15th June at the Weston Homes Community Stadium in Colchester.
Come along and hear presentations from:
James Bullion ECC Director of Adult Operations - The Future of Social Care in Essex
Dr Tom Nutt, Essex Healthwatch - Explaining the proposed new 'Trip Advisor' scheme for residential care homes in Essex
Lo-Anne Lewis CQC Inspection Manager - The new CQC ratings process
Dave Perry Essex Fire & Rescue - Managing Fire Safety in Social Care settings
Book your place now by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your EICA membership number
Places are free for EICA members and a charge of £50pp for non members
10 June 2016
With the EU referendum approaching, you may have heard about public bodies, like CQC, having to respect a ‘pre-referendum period’, which places certain short-term restrictions on what we’re allowed to publish and announce in the period before referendums.