Support, knowledge and advice to the social care sector in Essex, Southend & Thurrock...
Essex Independent Care Association (EICA) is an independent voluntary ‘not for profit’ organisation with the following aims and objectives:
- To represent the interests of social care providers from Essex, Southend and Thurrock locally, regionally and where possible, nationally
- To alert members to issues which affect social care organisation relating to legislation regulation and development of best practice
- To offer members a range of services to meet their needs and a mutual support network
- To keep members abreast of new developments within the sector, whilst signposting them to sources of information which may be helpful to them
- To provide funding information, advice and guidance on training and development
What does EICA do?
- The Association is run by a small management committee, all of whom are owners, managers, or trustees of a care organisation in Essex, Southend or Thurrock. The management committee meets on a quarterly basis to review and plan activities to benefit members.
Essex Independent Care Association
251-255 Church Road
Essex SS7 4QP
Tel: 01268 565551
Office Opening Hours:
Monday to Friday 9.30am to 2.30pm (excluding Bank Holidays).
EICA supports My Home Life Essex for celebrating good quality of care for older residents in Essex care homes.
25 January 2017
One of ECA's (EICA's) Director, Rachel Van Staveren appeared in a short interview on the local section of the Sunday Politics Show with Andrew Neil
12 January 2017
CQC have launched new partnerships with a number of national charities to ensure that the views and experiences of people who use services always remain at the heart of our regulation of health and social care in England.
12 January 2017
The heads of three Commons committees have urged the prime minister to find a "political consensus" on funding social care in England before 2020.